Tuesday, April 27, 2010

People's Choice Award

Sunday, April 25th marked the last day of Everything Equine 2010. Late in the afternoon, the votes for each artwork was tallied.  Excitingly, my photography print "Fair Parade Percherons" was honored with the highest number of votes in the category "Seriously Now." Receiving the "People's Choice Award" is gratifying as it is completely based on public votes. I truly value everyone's support on this journey towards my long-time dream.



Equally as thrilling, the weekend at Eveything Equine proved to be a monumental resource of networking. A special thanks to my new connections, which includes Sally (Designs by Dannie), Dianne Dakowicz(Equixotics and Custom Design Art) and Rick Brown ("Schoolhouse Designs" - who I will likely form a partnership with very soon to produce my artwork on magnets and tiles!). All of you shared valuable insights, suggestions, and experiences and I want you to know how much I appreciate your candor. Perhaps this weekend even marked the beginning of new friendships!

Another inspiration was meeting Eliza Lockhart, a young artist advocate for Spanish Colonial horses. Through her equine photography (Spririt Pony Photography) on bookmarks she illustrates the beautiful power of art, reminding me of Winooski’s Year of Art initiatives for positive community development through artistic expression. Much like the phrase “Knowledge is Power,” I believe that art is a powerful asset to humanity: dynamic, expressive and empowering. Art invokes the beauty of our world. My hope is that my art serves as a meaningful ambassador for the beauty of the natural world, including animals. With Vermont’s annual Green Up Day just around the bend, I urge humanity to remember the intrinsic value of each plant and creature on earth and act accordingly to preserve it. I hope Nature is ultimately awarded the “People’s Choice.”

As always, “Art” is in the “Heart,”

- Karen

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a fine start to you blogging.

    ReplyDelete