Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Success at Champlain Valley Fair 2011

With my health up and down, I hemmed and hawed about entering this year's Champlain Valley Fair, but with the encouragement of friends I am glad I pushed through and mailed in my entry form. Last Saturday I got the call: my photo "Drafts & Ferris Wheel" won 2nd place in the Fair Theme category and my photo "Downtown Winooski in Snow" garnered a 3rd place in the Store Fronts category! Read more at my website


"Downtown Winooski in Snow" is a shot I took back in 2007, the day after the historic Valentine's Day Blizzard. Very few cars ventured out that morning, most businesses were closed, and the sheer amount of white piles created a special photographic moment. I lived in easy walking distance from downtown, so donning my gaiters and crampons I trudged to Main St feeling exhilarated. It was great to have this photo finally see the light of day.

1 comment: